Staff Accountant, National Office
POSITION: STAFF ACCOUNTANT, NATIONAL OFFICE
LOCATION: WASHINGTON, D.C.
REPORTS TO: Controller
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
LIFT is a national nonprofit whose mission is to empower families to break the cycle of poverty. Founded in 1998, we have helped over 100,000 low-income individuals achieve their goals. Today we connect hardworking parents and caregivers of young children to the people, tools and resources they need. LIFT operates in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and Washington, D.C., communities with some of the highest rates of concentrated poverty. We help families build the personal well-being, social connections and financial strength to secure basic needs and achieve long-term goals and aspirations, like a safe home, living wages or a better education. To learn more, visit www.whywelift.org.
LIFT is at an exciting moment in its organizational trajectory. We are looking for entrepreneurial, results-driven, relationship builders who are committed to LIFT’s mission and values. This is an exciting opportunity for a growth-minded accounting professional to support the financial infrastructure and systems at a growing and dynamic national nonprofit. The Staff Accountant will support the Accounting department by processing and recording transactions, preparing reports and analysis, fielding communications with vendors, ensuring regulatory filings are maintained, and other duties, as needed.
AS A STAFF ACCOUNTANT YOU WILL:
• Manage the overall accounts payable process, including vendor relationships
• Process incoming checks received onsite
• Ensure proper and timely preparation of various required filings and charitable registrations
• Assist with the annual audit and budgeting process
• Provide general clerical and administrative support to the Accounting Department
• Help prepare financial reports and ad hoc analysis.
• Assist with account reconciliations and researching variances
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or 1-2 plus years of relevant work experience
• 1-2 years of accounts payable experience preferred
• Excellent client service skills, verbal and written communication, interpersonal, time management, and problem-solving skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong understanding of accounting principles
• High proficiency with computers, particularly MS Excel
• Prior experience with Bill.com and Tallie.com are a plus
• High level of accountability, accuracy, and efficiency
WHAT WE OFFER:
In addition to a competitive salary, LIFT provides an attractive benefits package that includes employer-paid health care coverage, a 403(b) retirement plan including an employer match contribution, partial cell phone coverage, and pre-tax accounts for transit, health, and childcare benefits. LIFT also provides a generous paid-time-off policy, including a one-week company-wide vacation over the winter holidays.
Qualified individuals, please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter with salary requirements using the following link: https://grnh.se/80f98e162
LIFT believes that diversity in all dimensions of the organization supports and bolsters the innovative thinking essential to its success. LIFT does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, age, disability, religion, political affiliation, or ideology.