POSITION: Development Associate
LOCATION: Washington, DC (preferred), Chicago, Los Angeles, or New York
REPORTS TO: Senior Development Coordinator
SUPERVISES: Not Applicable
POSITION TYPE: Nonexempt
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
Founded in 1998, LIFT is a national nonprofit that empowers families to break the cycle of poverty. We operate program sites in four major cities – Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and Washington, D.C. – where we connect hardworking parents and caregivers of young children to the people, tools and resources they need to achieve greater economic security and well-being. We believe that by investing in families during children’s earliest years, we can break the cycle of intergenerational poverty. To learn more, visit www.WhyWeLIFT.org.
LIFT is seeking a Development Associate for its national development team. The Development Associate will support fundraising efforts by leading back office, pipeline management, and operational services, including gift processing, routine maintenance of the Salesforce donor database, supporting our annual appeals, coordinating fundraising pipeline meetings, and supporting events and other development-specific special projects. Reporting to the Senior Development Coordinator, the Development Associate role provides an exciting opportunity for an emerging development professional to grow his or her skills in a dynamic and nimble workplace.
AS A DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE, YOU WILL:
- Manage gift processing efficiently for our national and regional offices
- Effectively and accurately update fundraising efforts in Salesforce, and support frontline fundraisers in capturing their work in Salesforce
- Conduct prospecting and prepare meeting materials for frontline fundraisers
- Support special projects including donor visits and board meetings
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- You have experience using Salesforce or a donor management system (strongly preferred).
- You have a track record of being customer service oriented, both internally and externally.
- You are highly detail-oriented.
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are a high-functioning teammate and excel at working collaboratively.
- You are interested in a career in fundraising and development.
- You are committed to LIFT’s mission and demonstrate LIFT’s core values of diversity, equity, relationships, excellence, and hope.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to a competitive annual salary, LIFT provides an attractive benefits package that includes employer-paid health care coverage, a 403(b) retirement plan including an employer match contribution, partial cell phone coverage, and pre-tax accounts for transit, health, and childcare benefits. LIFT also provides a generous paid-time-off policy, including a one week company-wide vacation over the winter holidays.
Please apply by following this link.
LIFT believes that diversity in all dimensions of the organization supports and bolsters the innovative thinking essential to its success. LIFT does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, age, disability, religion, political affiliation, or ideology.