Our work is guided by a core set of principles. We aim to see these values reflected in our organizational culture, from the services we provide to the people we recruit.
- Equity – We take a stand against the systemic barriers that perpetuate inequities. We advocate for a more just society on behalf of our members and our broader communities.
- Diversity – We honor and embrace the diversity of individuals. This important work is strengthened by a team that brings a variety of perspectives, experiences and insights.
- Relationships – We believe in a simple idea: That the love and support found in trusted relationships is what’s needed to overcome complex challenges and create transformative change.
- Excellence – We hold ourselves to the highest standard. We demand innovation, ambition and quality every day, for every family.
- Hope – We recognize that breaking the cycle of poverty is no simple feat, and we are hopeful for the future. We approach all challenges with an unwavering determination to forge a better future for all.
What We Offer
In addition to a competitive annual salary, LIFT provides an attractive benefits package that includes employer-paid health care coverage, a 403(b) retirement plan including an employer match contribution, partial cell phone coverage, and pre-tax accounts for transit, health, and childcare benefits. LIFT also provides a generous paid-time-off policy, including a one-week company-wide vacation over the winter holidays and flexibility when it comes to remote work and teleworking.
Commitment TO Diversity
At LIFT, our approach to achieving our mission is collaborative. Staff, members, advocates and partners work together to find solutions to the complicated issue of poverty in our country. We believe that diversity in all dimensions of the organization supports and bolsters the innovative thinking essential to LIFT’s success.
To us, “diversity” is defined as the full participation, inclusion, engagement and empowerment of individuals from different races, ethnicities, genders, gender identities, sexual orientations, national origins, socio-economic backgrounds, ages, physical abilities, religious beliefs, political beliefs, ideologies and other attributes that make each of us unique. We work mindfully and deliberately to create a culturally competent workplace to support the work we do as a team and as a model of the inclusive, equitable society that we strive to achieve.